£165,000 + VAT
This is undoubtedly the finest example of a Boeing Stearman you could find. Perfect in every way N4712V is the latest restoration from legendary warbird restorer Maurice Hammond. Maurice has been responsible for some of the finest warbird restorations in the country namely Hawker Hurricane Mk1 R4118, P51D 414419 ‘Janie’ and P51D 413521 ‘Marinell’.
N4721V was manufactured by the Stearman division of Boeing aircraft in Witchita Kansas under and Army Air Force contract in September 1943. Serial Number 42-16931 was designated a PT-13D and fitted with a Lycoming R-680-17, 9 cylinder radial engine of 220 BHP. The aircraft was delivered to Blythe Army Air Base in California and assigned to the 10th Training Detachment where it was used to train pilots until 1949
Maurice acquired N4712V in 2016 and conducted a meticulous 2 year long bare metal restoration. The aircraft was completely stripped, the airframe inspected and repainted and recovered in ceconite and repainted using the Randolph system and paint.
The aircraft is now fitted with a Pratt & Whitney R-985-AN1 producing 450BHP and has 32 hours since zero time overhaul with Eye Tech Engineering. The engine, propeller, governor and magnetos are all effectively zero time meaning a worry free and cost effective ownership proposition for the new owner.
|YEAR OF MANUFACTURE||1943|
|TOTAL TIME ON AIRFRAME||2617 HRS|
AIRFRAME & POWERPLANT
- Pratt & Whitney R985-AN1 SN:4252 9 Cylinder Radial with 32 Hours since zero time overhaul
- Hamilton Standard 2D30 SN:MFG19846 two blade metal variable pitch propeller with 9 hours since zero time overhaul
- NAR913-188F Carburettor
- Bosch SB9RV-/C3 AN-9511 Magnetos
- Original specification gauges
- Original switches and placarding
- Becker 8.33MHZ radio
- Garmin GNC 256XL
- Black Vinyl seats
- Military green harnesses
- Ceconite fabric
- Randolph paint
- Redline brake calipers and discs
- Air Conditioning
- Canopy Cover
- Pitot Cover
- Annual Inspection valid until 31/07/2024
- Engine zero time overhaul in October 2018 with 9 new Convington Cylinders
NOTE: SPECIFICATION IS CORRECT TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE. IT IS THE BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THE ACTUAL SPECIFICATION PRIOR TO PURCHASE. NO WARRANTIES ARE SOLD OR IMPLIED.